LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

My daughter has a car that is paid is in her and my name?

Customer Question

My daughter has a car that is paid for that is in her and my name? will they come after that?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Will who come after the car, and why?

2. What is the value of the vehicle?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have writ of fiery faci for 4,400 dollars for medical bill and I want to know if they can come after a vehicle that is paid for worth about that much that has my daughters name and my name on the registration and title.. The judgement is against me only
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the clarification.

If you and your daughter both own the vehicle, and your half of the value of the vehicle is worth only about $2,000 then no, they cannot take the vehicle from you and your daughter to sell and collect their money from.

They cannot seize any asset belonging to someone else to pay off a debt that only you owe. Your car is safe.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug