Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Time 1120 pm Mercerville nj pulled into a parking lots

Customer Question

time 1120 pm Mercerville nj pulled into a parking lots shopping center was in car smoking a cigar a cop car pulls drives by me I in turn decide to leave at that point they pull me over the cop asks for id etc. and advises me that i'm being told that a lady filed a complaint I was following her and officer after checking my credentials informs me that my info on this stop would stay on police reporting system for life and that if I was to be stopped and coincidence I could be charged with stalking I don't know this woman I work for same company I find out he tells in the end anyway I feel violated and humiliated and embarrassed by this false premise I got no apology nothing it seems to me like they thin and thought and will think i'm guilty helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp I want retribution
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please tell me what is it you would like to do? And to who?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Read question
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

I am going to opt out and another professional will assist you as I cannot.

Please be patient and do not respond here at this time or give any ratings and your deposit will remain in tact.

Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous expert had to leave.

I understand you would like retribution, but the first thing we need to know is was this woman actually in the area and did she make the complaint before we can know what to tell you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I was told was a lady filed a complaint have to assume she was told I pulled in lot she left lot when she saw me I have no clue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part makes me mad I feel violated also was told by cop that info would stay on file local forever
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't even remember seeing her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Funny thing she works as I was told same place

Thank you for your reply

Unless you have proof of who complained and that she did complain, until you get that proof, I do not know who you would get your retribution against though. You are not providing us enough information because you do not still know enough about this.

The officer was scaring you, they do not keep your information on file unless you have been arrested. If they kept information like that on file for every person they stopped their database would be out of memory in a day. If you were not arrested or issued a summons, your information is not in any file forever or even for a short time though, it was just a bluff by the officer to scare you in case there was any possible stalking happening.

If you had some proof she did make a false complaint, then you can sue her for defamation for causing the police to stop you accusing you falsely of a crime and you could collect damages from her. But at this point you do not have any evidence necessary to do so and you need to gather more evidence of that if you want to sue her for making a false complaint.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking to have this info removed if so opens me up to serious problems somebody does something they will look for me

Thank you for your reply.

There is no information to have removed they have no database, the officer was bluffing to scare you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would I get info
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only name is ***** ***** vanhise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Asked me if I knew that name

You can check at the local police station, but I can pretty much say that they were only trying to scare you and they do not have your name in any file at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ty they also want ed to know why I had a police scanner video dash camera radar detector all legal in nj
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The search part made me laugh probable cause said yeah right would I give them permission to search car I said no

Thank you for your reply.

If they had anything at all against you, they would have charged you right then and there. It was the officer trying to intimidate you, that was all.