LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I was charged with child abuse. I do admit I slapped the

Customer Question

Hello. I was charged with child abuse. I do admit I slapped the baby three times on her leg but that was it. No mark was left, Nothing else. I was arrested and am out on bail. I am terrified and I have not slept, can not eat, and my court date is not until November 30th. This is the first time I have ever been in trouble with the law. I am 59 and not working. I am beside myself with worry. What is going to happen to me? Do you know what the worst case may be and the best case? I sent the couple an apology letter and was told not to contact them again so I don't think they will drop the case. My life is ruined.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Were you the baby sitter of the child? How did they find out about this?