Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My daughter lives in Lexington .I live in City Tn.Can I get

Customer Question

My daughter lives in Lexington Ky.I live in Johnson City Tn.Can I get legal rights to see my Grandchildren.I traveled there every month.Now because of a disagreement she says I can't see them.Every time she gets mad she won't let me see my grandchildren.What can I do.I love them so much.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If the children live in KY, then the law of that state would apply......and if you seek visitation through court, you'll have to file in their home county.

That said, you as grandparents have the right to see visitation.....and the judge will decide whether or not to grant it based on what is in the best interest of the children. Here's a good link that outlines the issues courts review: http://kyjustice.org/node/1621