Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I need to know how Wells Fargo will calculate my income.

Customer Question

From January 1st 2015 until April 27th 2015 I was unemployed. I began working working for Time Warner Business Class as an account sales consultant April 27th 2015 to present as a full time employee.
I get paid Biweekly.
I am paid 13.08 hourly plus commission. 13.08 x 40 = 523.20. X 52 = $27,206.40 / 12 = $2,267.20 or divided by 26 equates to $1046.00 biweekly.
I didn't get my first commission check until July 25th. Gross was about $5,000 & net was about $3,500. I was paid again the same on August 25 and agin the same tomorrow September 24th.
If I apply for HAMP, will they calculate my commission from last 3 months by adding it and dividing by 3
or
will they divide it by the 9 months in the year so far
Or
Will they divide by 3
I need to also know if they calculate my Wife's income, which she contributes 100%
(She's a w/2 full time hourly income only) by 75% or will they use the full 100%?
Your best professional answer is greatly appreciated....
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

WF will look at your total income over the total time you were employed. So they will take your commissions and divide them by your total time of employment, not just the 3 months you finally received the commissions. So they will spread out the payments you received in commission over the total number of months you were employed and earning the commissions.