Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

Before my dad died my sister and I were told by mom and dad

Customer Question

Before my dad died my sister and I were told by mom and dad that my sister could have the house and the property and I was told that I could have a motor home that my sister and her husband and one of their kids lived in that day in the drive way.while they were in it they tore out wires from the dash, tore things off the wall. The inside was destroid. The house caught fire and we all moved into another place with my mom. Then mom died. The property was still in mom's name nothing had been changed over. Recently my sister sold the property as a quick sale. I feel I should get part of the sale. Am I wrong to think that?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information for your educational purposes only;

(B) No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with a JA expert;

(C) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney of your choice in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given by a JA expert;

(D) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time. Please wait until then to assign the rating as initially I may still be getting more information from you to formulate a better answer; and

(E) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then please know that I make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you accept, understand and agree to these terms.

1. Was there a Will?

2. How did sister sell property if the property is owned by mom and mom's signature would be required to transfer title?