LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I made out a contract with Quality First Basement Systems to

Customer Question

I made out a contract with Quality First Basement Systems for them to fix the foundation around my home. The cost was $7700.00 with a $1600.00 down payment. The work was started on September 1st 2015. It consisted of pouring polyethylene under the concrete to raise it. While the polyethylene was being poured under the concrete it seeped into my basement and damaged the paneling. thus Quality First is now saying that they cannot do anything for my basement.
The gentleman, Nick Biris who negotiated the coltract with me, came out and took some pictures of the incident, but have not contacted me about the refund of my down payment or the fixing of the damaged panels in my basement, up-to-date. Every time I called they giveme the run-around. When I called today I was told by an assistant manager that they do not fix those kind of panels and can do nothing for me.
Kindly advise me what action that I can take to be compensated for the damage done, because this cannot be correct?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under the circumstances, as the contractor is not willing to repair the damaged that they negligently caused---and provided you were not warned in advance of this possibility and you waived any claim for damage---you would need to sue the contractor for breach of contract and negligence to collect the money owed for the damage done.

You can sue in small claims court but you will want to get a written estimate for repairs by a licensed contractor to prove your damaged in the hearing.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug