Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My domestic partner 74 yrs old i am 68 yrs he has parkinson

Customer Question

my domestic partner 74 yrs old i am 68 yrs he has parkinson desease He twice cut off the joint account with his ex wife first is 2nd wk os may 2015 buit the ex insisted her be again in his account and he joint account w her but since she is transferring fund on her own account Jerry cut her name and transfer his money to a new account This made his ex upset and furious and whenever she called him Jerry suffersa stress worry and problems He needs help whenever d ex call him Jerry got nervous she threatened problem to jerry and he is hqving tremors and getting sick what to do
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The ex has no right, absent a court order, to be on his accounts. One option you can do with Jerry is get him to agree to allow you to obtain court ordered guardianship over him and his affairs (conservatorship) and then you can control the accounts and his ex cannot demand anything of him because he would no longer have the legal right to make the changes and you can also then take out a restraining order on her to prohibit any further contact.

Another option, if he is strong enough to stick to it, is Jerry can obtain a restraining order against her and prevent her from making any more contact with him and if she violates that then she can go to jail.

Third, if she continues to harass him, you can report this to Adult Protective Services for financial and emotional abuse of the elderly/infirm and have them step in to investigate to put an end to this conduct as it is causing him issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the answer already and choose the third option.

Thank you for your posting your question.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.