Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a contract that I signed on Nov 27th proposal dated

Customer Question

I have a contract that I signed on Nov 27th for a proposal dated in June. I went to give the MORE than 30 day cancellation notice, and the company told me that its dated in June therefore you must have the service until June. I would assume my signature
and date would count as the start date, not when they sent the proposal. I am in MN, not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks. Tim
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The contract starts based on the date stated in the contract itself. It is not necessarily true that the start date of a contract is the date it is signed. So you need to read the contract itself to determine the dates of the contract. What does your contract specifically state?