P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I am a juror in week 2 of a 3 week trial. We were just

Customer Question

I am a juror in week 2 of a 3 week trial. We were just informed that we do not have to report to court tomorrow due to the witness not being available. Is it expected that I return to my normal job tomorrow, or can I consider it a day off from trial since my job is not expecting me back to work till after the trial is concluded.
thanks
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Under Arizona law an employer must allow an employee to take a leave of absence to serve as a juror and may not dismiss or penalize the employee for taking time to serve (AZ Rev. Stat. Sec. 21-236).

The fact you have a break from the trial will not require you to return to work. But you must return to work when the trial concludes.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.