Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I want to know my legal position. In 2011, I saw a website

Customer Question

Hi, I want to know my legal position. In 2011, I saw a website who was asking, have you an idea about an invention, share with us with confidence. Your idea will not be disclosed to any one with out your will. we will help to transform your Idea into physical form. I shared with them with my contact numbers. Next morning I received their call. He said we will create the device if you pay ...... thousands dollars. I was not in a position to pay that amount and deal was dropped. I forgot the name of the Website. And later the website was deleted along with other emails. The same device has come to be marketed. How can I know the fact. I think it was my idea that was used.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Well, you need to do some research. You need to find out if the company marketing the product is in any way affiliated with the website that you gave your information to. You need to do the basic research before contacting a local Attorney who handles intellectual property issues to assist you with the case. The Attorney cannot work in a vacuum. You must provide basic information that the Attorney can work from.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com