Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I just received a speeding ticket last Thursday in Delaware

Customer Question

HI, I just received a speeding ticket last Thursday in Delaware county, OH. He said it was tracked by a plane so was just trying to understand my rights. I have a company car so was trying to avoid pts and/or reporting to my insurance
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You shoud seriously consider fighting the ticket. To fight the ticket you need to fillout the back of the citation and plead not guilty. You then need to go to court on the scheduled date. Both police officers must show up to testify. The one in the plane is the witness who saw you speeding, the officer on the ground was radioed your car's desription to pull you over. If either fail to appear you can be successful.

Also they must demonstrate that visibility was sufficient to track your car. See if you can get the weather reports for that day to dispute their testimony.

Also by appearing you may be able to negotiate (prior to the hearing) with the prosecutor. It is important that you do not acknowledge that you were speeding. If you do, it is over, you will lose. This is why it is better to have a traffic attorney represent you. They cn make assertions on your behalf that you may have a difficult time doing representing yourself.

The following link may be helpful to you in finding an attorney:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/traffic-violations/ohio

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.