Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a signed document that my exhusband wrote and signed,

Customer Question

Hi i have a signed document that my exhusband wrote and signed, he is an attorney. He agreed to ammend the divorce agreement to pay for health care until the date of Nov 2016 in the written statement done in 2012 he did put ammendment to the divorce agreement.
He is now refusing to pay. I asked him at the time if i needed to file to make it official he told me no. 1. Did I need to file or is it enough that he wrote the agreement and signed it? And if I did need to file can I file it now?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If there is a signed agreement, it is a signed and binding contract in NH and it is enforceable, even though it was not filed in the court. It did not need to be filed to be enforceable. You can sue him for breach of contract just as it is now and you can seek to get a judgment against him to make him pay. So if he is refusing to pay, file suit against him now for the costs you will incur for the insurance.