Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

A friends house was struck by lightening and burned down. He

Customer Question

A friends house was struck by lightening and burned down. He called insurance co to file claim and was told his insurance had been cancelled. He say's he was never notified and the bank he has mortgage with says they were never notified, yet he still owes money. I thought by law the insurance had to notifiy you and the bank. I think they are telling him thisbecause he is Mexican
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

They had to give him notice of cancellation and they also have to tell him exactly why the insurance was cancelled. So what is the reason that they are telling him it was cancelled?