P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

My daughter recently moved into a brand new apartment in

Customer Question

Hello, my daughter Stephanie recently moved into a brand new apartment in irvine, we noticed a wierd smell inside, I am aware of the laminate flooring health issues so I purchased a air quality test kit and the results came back positive. high levels of flormaldahyde we brought this to the management co and they basically told us to go pound sand! big suprise! my daughter is wakeing up with sore throats which is a symptom we think is from the air inside.They had signed a 1 year lease and she asked the mgt co to just realease them from the lease which was shot down so I guess the only option is hire a lawyer to help, this is all very new to us so hopefully we can get some advise Thanks
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma. I am a lawyer, not a doctor...so I am not familiar with what high levels of formaldehyde mean. Is this a health risk?