Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Will I be able to continue doing licensed daycare after a

Customer Question

Will I be able to continue doing licensed daycare after a dwi misdemeanor conzviction
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest that as long as there were no children, your own or otherwise in the vehicle it should not be a problem for you.

The law states the following will preclude a license for day care providers.

• Murder in the first, second, or third degree • Manslaughter in the first or second degree • Assault – 1st degree or 2nd degree – felony level • Felony offense - Domestic assault – spousal abuse, child abuse or neglect, or crime against children • Domestic assault by strangulation • Great bodily harm caused by distribution of drugs • Aggravated robbery • Kidnapping • Murder of an unborn child in the first, second, or third degree • Solicitation, inducement, and promotion of prostitution • Other prohibited acts: prostitution/minors (609.324, subd. 1) • Criminal sexual conduct in the first, second, third, fourth degree and fifth degree • Criminal sexual predatory conduct • Solicitation of children to engage in sexual conduct • Incest • Malicious punishment of a child • Neglect or endangerment of a child • Arson in the first degree • Drive-by shooting • Felony level - Harassment; stalking • Shooting in or at a public transit vehicle or facility • Indecent exposure involving a minor • Use of minors in sexual performance • Possession of pictorial representations of minors • Violation of predatory offender registration law • Attempt or conspiracy to commit any of these offenses as defined in Minnesota Statues • Offense in any other state or country, where the elements are substantially similar to any of the offenses listed in this clause

Disqualifications generally are actions or crimes committed against a person, crimes involving drugs, and crimes involving theft.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you