Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I am looking line of succession my mom sold back to her

Customer Question

I am looking for a line of succession for property my mom sold back to her family. I need a cost basis. I sold oil and mineral rights to 2 of the properties and need the cost basis for my taxes. Property is in Roberts County, Miami, Texas. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. My Moms name was Zelma Ladelle Lard Holmes, She passed away 6-15-1966
Thank you,
Shirley Holmes Miller
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I noticed no one had picked up on this yet, despite it being two hours, and that's likely because it is really two separate questions, one for a legal expert in the area of probate and a second question requiring someone who does accounting. I can likely assist with the probate question, although I would need you to rephrase since I'm not sure what you're asking for when you say you need a "line of succession" but you would need to open new question for the cost basis and direct it to an expert in the accounting, as opposed to Legal, area.

If you want me to continue to assist please let me know and rephrase the line of succession question and also let me know that you are willing to remove the cost basis question from this thread.

If you prefer for me to opt out and open the matter back up I can do that as well, just let me know.