N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I was in the hospital about ten days ago it is a hospital I

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** was in the hospital about ten days ago it is a hospital I have been in numerous times and it was always a positive out come, but this time they gave me a drug that they New very well I M ALLERGIC too. The nurse was told by doctor watch him and see what side effects he has. It was Levoquin well I have been very sick over the last few yrs in fact its been nust been terrible so why would they do this? I hope u can help me I have sores in my mouth nose I feel like I have the flu I have already went threw four bottles of Benadryl a $22.00 prescription of some kind of past, ear aches, headaches joints. Can u help me PLEASE XXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Was this a doctor who had treated you previously?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he or she may have treated me it was given to me in the Emergency dept. I know it was not my PRIMARY Dr.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reason I m contacting you is because I have been very sick with side affects from this medicine. The drug is called Levaquin it's been about 10 days or since they gave it to me and I still feel the effects today. Do I have a law suit? And if I do so would I be able to return to that hospital if need be?

If the hospital was aware that you were allergic to that drug, then yes you would have a claim.

Whether the hospital will have to keep treating you after filing a claim depends mostly on how many other hospitals are available in your area.

You can get a free consultation from some of the medical malpractice attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow op on this with a local attorney.