Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Sept. 14 2010 my minor son was in a vehicle accident. My son

Customer Question

Sept. 14 2010 my minor son was in a vehicle accident. My son was driving a*****quad bike on a country road and turned into a vehicle and was hit. After the accident the driver sued us, we hired a lawyer and paid cost. Today we got a Summons and are being sued for $22,000.00 by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. We are in agricultural business in California and the drought has put us in financial difficulties and can not pay $22,000.00 or even hire a lawyer. Not sure what to do to answer the summons.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

That is very strange as typically the statute of limitations on any personal injury claim is two years from date of injury in California. Did this occur in a different state? Did you as yet reach out to them as the cause of the claim?