Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

QUESTION}I was the driver of a car stopped at a red light.

Customer Question

QUESTION}I was the driver of a car stopped at a red light. The car behind mine was struck in the rear and pushed into the rear of mine On July 14, 2014. The at fault driver was insured by the same Co. I was. The accident occurred in Pennsylvania. I have moved to Florida. The liability adjuster took from July to February to ask for and obtain a Consent form for Medicare. She did not notify Medicare till March 2015. Her notice was not complete. She did not follow-up till August 2015 with Medicare. I have confirmed that the Medical Providers reimbursed Medicare for their payments. It seems obvious that the Claims Rep. has dragged her feet, probably in the hope we would give up. In addition, we just learned that first party payment made from our Policy were not coded as not at fault. This cost a lot on the Florida Auto premiums. Can the Insurer delay settlement negotiations until Medicare provides data showing there are no Liens? Can Medicare's 3 year Statute stop a settlement?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

Here you need to involve the state.You argue the company is not adjusting the claim fairly and has even miscoded.It has been my experience when you do this you get a new and friendlier adjuster and action.This affects their rates because it is a complaint and they have to respond quickly within 30 days.

Send it here.

Pennsylvania Insurance Department

1209 Strawberry Square

Harrisburg, PA 17120

Toll-free: 1-***-***-****

Fax:(###) ###-####br />TTY/TDD:(###) ###-####/p>

Form here..

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/file_a_complaint/9258

You should also be due a refund on your premiums for their error here in Florida with coding.

These guys are stalling you here.Then need to hear from medicare but they should have already expedited this and resolved. it. They are not adjusting this fairly here at all and the state will make them do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems you agree that the Insurer is stalling. DO you think they are in Bad Faith?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Yes they are in bad faith and not adjusting fairly.You have legitimate complaints to make to insurance board.It has been my experience that if you complaint they assign a new adjuster who is more friendly and will work to resolve it faster.They are real sensitive to complaints filed with the state as it can affect their rates and business.

Thanks again.