TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Old credit card debt is filing a Bank Checking Account

Customer Question

Old credit card debt is filing a Bank Checking Account Attachment against me. My ONLY source of income is Social Security Disability. I own nothing of any value. I don't own a house, a car, any stocks and bonds. I have a defibrillator/pacemaker. I get help with drugs. I live in Alabama. Can they attach my checking account?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

They cannot attach your checking account if the funds in it are entirely from SSD. Federal law specifically prohibits it. You should contact your bank to inform it that the funds are entirely from SSD (assuming this is true). They must then release the funds to you.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need any more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!