Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

What i asked was if husband and wife an account titled as

Customer Question

what i asked was if husband and wife an account titled as joint tenants rights of survivorship and both are alive and the account is cashed out is each person entitled to 50% of the money
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

The answer here is yes and if the other party were to take it all you can sue for your share of the account.Both have access it should be shared equally.Again if the other party took the money here you can sue for your share or if there was a divorce the court would divide it equally.The presumption here is that it is marital property and 50-50%.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we re done it is always sincerely ***** *****