Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I was a defendant in a unlawful detainar action were the

Customer Question

I was a defendant in a unlawful detainar action were the court entered a dismissed as to all actions but the plaintiff has filled a ex party motion asking that the court reverse there decision the plaintiff did not quote Any law in his filling WHAT will be the out come at this hearing if the court fiends in his plaintiffs favor what are the minimum and maximum time that the court could give me to move out Is there any thing I can file to have this hearing vacated
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

Here you can respond to any motion they made.You would want to do this asap if the court has not yet ruled.It appears this is a motion to reinstate.If that is the case the court has to reinstate and then have another hearing on the merits.You may have up to several weeks here.The court rules on the motion, even if it is reinstated which is unlikely there would be a second hearing.

If the motion is not granted they would have to refile and then reserve you and you would then get a scheduled date.Under that sequence you might have another three weeks to a month.

Consider a response of some kind to their motion here if you make the dismissal stand it will buy you even more time here.If they are forced to refile and reserve this will give you much more time prior to eviction.It is highly unlikely they grant this motion that they filed if no law was sited.The court rarely reinstates such dismissals.They likely have to refile and reserve.

You likely have from two weeks to a month here before you are evicted maybe more if they have to refile and reserve here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again.If you can positive rate it is sincerely appreciated.