Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I live in the state of Texas. How can a judgement be filed

Customer Question

I live in the state of Texas. How can a judgement be filed on a credit card debt that was defined as an unsecured loan?
Please advise.
May thanks,
Mary Tupper ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

If I understand your question correctly, a debt of any kid, unsecured or secured, can result in a judgment through the filing of a lawsuit. The secured portion only has to do with the collateral that can be seized prior to the issuing of a judgment through the enforcement of the security lien.