Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My ex got a concussion from slipping on ice at s job. He's

Customer Question

My ex got a concussion from slipping on ice at his job. He's been off of work since Feb 2015. He claims to have memory loss and dizziness, difficulty driving yet he plays in bocce tournaments and has driven the kids to Cedar Point, an hour and a half away and rode roller coasters. He has had his mother drive him to doctor's appointments. I feel it makes his case look better. What are your thoughts?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Your instincts would seem to be better than your husband's. Having someone else do the driving and avoiding situations which could compromise the amount of money he could be awarded would be in his best interest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is he manipulating the system? I have received $28-40 every 2 weeks for child support. Is there a case here or no? Can't work, but can play sports and ride roller coasters?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

I couldn't possibly tell you if he's manipulating anything without being privy to his medical reports, his restrictions, and any other relevant legal documents. I'm only suggesting that if he's made a worker's comp claim and he's supposed to follow doctor's orders and refrain from certain activities, he doesn't do himself any favor by disregarding that.

As for whether you have any kind of a case, you can certainly bring this evidence up in Family Court if you feel that he's ducking work and/or fraudulently padding his injuries to duck or keep down his child support obligations.