Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

My ex boyfriend pushed me down, broke my two fingers, and

Customer Question

My ex boyfriend pushed me down, broke my two fingers, and palmed me in the face on November 14 2014. I never pressed charges against him in hopes that he and I would work things out. I just recently found out that he and his ex wife have been spreading rumors that I was drunk and fell off my bike and I sleep with black men. I am very upset and feel slandered and I have lost a job over them talking about me. It even got back to my father and he is a prominent man in town. I am very distraught over this and want to know if its too late to press charges against him for hurting me. I have a video of my injuries and me talking to the video to him. I sustained a cracked elbow with bone marrow coming out, two broken fingers, and a bruised face. My finger is still disfigured from the incident. what should I do leagally?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Ideally, what do you wish to accomplish? I apologize but as I am unsure as to why you wish to press charges now, I am trying to figure out if you are seeking resolution or if this is being done a bit as reprisal for their comments pertaining to you. Also, in what state did this occur in--each state has slightly different time limitations based on offense. This would tell me how much time you may have to pursue. Please advise.

As it is very late here, I am logging off to get some much needed rest. Should you have more questions, I promise to respond when I log back, but there will likely be a delay with my responses. Thank you and please take care!

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.