Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I detailed a tractor trailer and at the end of the job he

Customer Question

I detailed a tractor trailer and at the end of the job he paid with a check and said thank you now three days later I find out he stopped paymentis that legal?
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

If he stopped payments on the check, then he has breached the contract that you entered with him. As a result, you can sue him in court for the money that he owes you. If the amount you are owed is under $7,500, then you can bring the claim in small claims court (avoiding the cost of hiring an attorney if you want to). You will simply present any evidence of the agreement between you and the other person, the check that you received, and any evidence that the check has been cancelled.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is trying to say there was something wrong with the trailer and there isn't --I have pictures and at least 10 witnesses who are his fellow truck drivers and I also detailed their trucks
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

What you will have to do is take the pictures and any witnesses who are willing to come with you on the day of your small claims court hearing and simply present your case. If there is nothing wrong with the work that was done, then the judge should award the amount in your favor. Simply filing the case might be enough to force him to pay if he knows he is going to lose.