Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I was told my hearing aids were taken care from my insurance

Customer Question

I was told my hearing aids were taken care from my insurance company through Amanda Bohn.She made a mistake and gave the hearing aids to me without me paying for them.
Her boss called me and said she had made many mistakes and she was going to look into the insurance. I received a bill from Vally ent for 1100,000 today for the hearing aids. Do I leagally have to pay it? My e-mail is***@******.***. My name is*****
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

If I understand your facts correctly, you would have to pay whatever amount the insurance company does not pay regardless of whether or not the person at the hearing aid company made you pay when you picked them up.

There are a number of legal theories under which this is true including the law of contracts as well as equitable theories.

If, however, you were told that you were not supposed to pay anything and that the hearing aid company was selling them to you for whatever amount the insurance company was paying then you would not be required to pay the difference although you might have to return the hearing aids and the company would have to issue a refund to the insurance company.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doctor of Audiology Amanda Bohn told me more then twice that when she looked on the computer I did not owe anything that the insurance company took care of it. Her boss told me that she should of not given me the hearing aids without taking care of the insurance company. Amanda's boss told me Amanda made mistakes. I work for a prestige company and I know they are now trying to get money from me after I was told I didn't owe anything. I work for Cort furniture
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean by "without taking care of the insurance company"?