LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

HOW CAN I RESIEVE HELP WHITH A LOYER THAT I PAY M CASE BUT

Customer Question

HOW CAN I RESIEVE HELP WHITH A LOYER THAT I PAY HIM FOR A CASE BUT HE HASENT STARTED AND NOW HE DONT WANY TO RETURN THE MONEY BACK
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Is he going to work on the case? Do you know why he has not started?

Also, what State are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY CASE IS FOR CUSTODY BUT THE LOYER TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO IS TO SE MORE OFTEN THE KID BUT THE MOTHER OF THE CHILD DOSENT LET ME SEE HEM THE LOYAR TOLD ME TO DO A REPORT TO THE POLICE THE OFFICER TOLD ME I CANT DO A REPORT THATS THE RISON I CANSEL THE CASE NOW THE LOYAR DOSENT WHANT TO GIVE ME THE MONEY BACK I LEAVE IN TEMPLE TX
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE POLICE OFFICER SEE THAT I HAD TO GO TO CORT AGAIN

Thank you. If the lawyer is unwilling to work on the case, they should return the retainer you paid them. If the attorney refuses, you need to file a complaint and I have provided a link below, with the steps and how to do that, so your money is returned. This is a civil issue, not criminal, so that is likely why the police are not going to get involved.

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Problems_with_an_Attorney&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=23755

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK THANK YOU AND WHAT CAN I DO TO SEE MY CHILD CAUSE HIS MOM WONT LET ME SEE HIM

Is there any court order in place now allowing visitation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE A PAPER THAT I CAN DO VISET BUT TO HER SHE DOSENT CARE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY CHILD TELL ME HIM MOM SEE THE REASON SHE DONT LET ME SEE HIM IS BECAUSE I DONT SEND THE CHILD SUPORT BUT I SEND AGAIN AND SHE DONT WHANT TO LET ME SEE ANYWAY BECAUSE IM MARRY SHE DONT LIKE THA

If a court order is in place allowing visitation then she has to. If she is not then a motion to hold her in contempt of court needs to be filed and the judge can compel her to comply or else take action against her

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HOW CANT DO THE COURT TAKE ACTION AGAINST HER

You need to file a motion to hold her in contempt. The clerk of court in the family division should have the forms for you to fill out and file to start the process

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE TO PAY MORE THEY CHILD SUPORT FOR HER OR THAT NOT CHANGE BECAUSE THE LAWYER TELLME I HAVE TO
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EXCUSME WHER CAN FINE THE CLERK OF COURT THE FAMILY DIVISION FOR THE FORMS LIKE I NEED LOWYER DO YOU NEED TO SEE THE CASE TO BE ABLE TO TELL M HOW MUCH YOU CHARGE

The clerk of court is at the court house in the county where the child lives with the other parent.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!