LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

In south carolina, under the rules, can the following style

Customer Question

In south carolina, under the rules for Request for admission, can the following style question be asked:
Admit that you have been given a Devine gift or believe(d) you have or had been given Devine gift and can see and or converse back and forth with, or that you believe(d) you can see and or converse back and forth with the dead, your angel, God or another unknown or supernatural source(s) during any part of your life, including childhood through your adulthood, and or through the time of this divorce action and separation period.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under Rule 26(b)(1) this line is making me question my specific target approached sniper-rifle question: "It is not ground for objection that the information sought will be inadmissible at the trial if the information sought appears reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence."
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

A request for admissions should not include compound statements. To do so welcomes the other party to deny the statement based on the denial of just one of many factors which are contained in such a compound request.

In the case you describe, you would want to ask a series of requests with each fact stated separately.

In other words, you would ask:

1. Admit that you have the ability to converse with the dead.

2. Admit that you can see the dead.

3. Admit that at some time in your adult life you have been able to converse back and forth with God.

Etc.

The requirement of all discovery is not that it be admissible at trial, but rather that it be calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doug,
Thank you. I think I should rather save those style questions for the Interrogatories and such. I'll refocus and narrow now my compound questions. Say, I have until Friday 9/30 to deliver 27 pages of discovery because my previous attorney accepted service then dropped a month and a half later and now refuses to release my file or sign the order so I can retain new counsel. Oh so sad...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
narrow *down my*Sad, I have
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a follow up question? I'll be happy to continue to assist you.

If you don't have more questions would you be so kind as to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for having assisted you? Thanks in advance,

Doug