Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I red a Tax Super Lawyer simple case against NJ Taxation. I

Customer Question

I hired a Tax Super Lawyer for a simple case against NJ Taxation. I signed an agreement as he said I had a strong case. He filed a suit for me to NJ Attorney General's Office a year ago.
Since then, the majority of his works for the case were Researches, Revisions and Conversations with AG's Officer and myself. According to his bill, most of conversations with the AG's officer (12 times) took over an hour at a time. He charged 1.5 hours for conversation with me approximately 25 minutes, 1.25 hrs for 20 minutes and 0.5 hours for 5 minutes repeatedly. He keeps saying that he was trying to convince the AG's office and would know the prospect better the next month.
Can I demand my attorney his Researched materials and Proofs of Conversations, tape recordings or else?
I suspect what he did so many hours for research and talked so many times and so long each time with AG's officer, but I know he obviously charged multiple times more than those actual times of talks with me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You can request for supporting documents for his bill. However, taped recorded conversations may not be available if he did not record the conversations with the AG's Office. If he refuses to provide the documentation and you refuse to pay the bill, the Attorney may withdraw from the case and/or sue you for his fee.