Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

My apartment overlooks Interstate-495 in Northern and I get

Customer Question

My apartment overlooks Interstate-495 in Northern Virginia and I get lots of traffic noise. I contracted with a company to replace the sliding glass doors in my living room and bedroom with doors that are soundproofed. I paid a down payment of 30% of total cost. After the initial installation and much later adjustments to the replacement doors I still get traffic noise in the bedroom, though the contractor claims the door is soundproof. Because the contractor did not provide the doors contracted for, I believe he has broken the contract by not fulfilling his obligations under the contract and, as a dissatisfied customer, I have withheld payment of the balance due. Can I now legally withdraw from this bogus contract?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, has there been any lessening of the noise, or is the volume the same as it has ever been? Did you have anyone else professional review the property to see if anything was installed, properly or otherwise?