Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I own a mobile home their are 2 swatters stay'ing there I

Customer Question

I own a mobile home their are 2 swatters stay'ing there I dont know them
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Do you also own the land that the mobile home sits on?

.

Do you know how long they have been there?

.

Do they have utilities on?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont know yes but not in there name the male said it was his dad's he past sept 6 2015
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, were you renting to the father?

.

If so, was he current on the rent?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did have a contract for deed with Steve count clerk said contract ended
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if you had a contract for deed with the deceased, then if they went into default, you would have had to formally declare it in default and then foreclose on the property if the buyer owed less than 80% of the purchase price. If he owed more than 80%, you can then simply evict him (i.e. his estate) and anyone else living there.

.

So your recourse here depends on how much you agreed to sell it for and how much is still owed on it..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only person on the contract was me and the deceased in the last 6 years he is the only pperson living there
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, but when he died, his estate would then become the owner of the rights under the land contract to continue with it. So his heirs would then step into his shoes once his estate was settled and be able to continue on with the contract that you entered into with the deceased as long as they continued to make the agreed on payments until the property was paid off.

.

But if the estate or his heirs don't pay the agreed on payments when due, then you would have to either foreclose or evict, depending on how much more was owed on the property.

.

.

thanks