Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

My son went to The Art Institute and graduated in good

Customer Question

My son went to The Art Institute and graduated in good standing. He then joined the Army and is now getting out and furthering his education. He called AI and asked for his transcripts to be sent to UCF and was told he owed money and they would not release his transcripts. It was later discovered they filed for a Pell grant and it was denied for 2 semesters but they didn't catch it until months after he graduated. The collection agency has no record of him owing any money but the school insists he pay him them. What can he do to clear this up?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, did he receive his diploma from the school? Did the school provide any sort of evidence for this alleged debt?