Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

What is the statute of limitations in Michigan of debt from

Customer Question

What is the statute of limitations in Michigan for collection of debt from a family member. I have gone back to 08/13/2013 for loans and bills from me paid to my daughter or her bills and she owes me approximately $15,000. During this time she has lived in Florida. Her debt goes back a little further than this, but I cannot prove it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Pursuant to Mich. Comp. Laws §(###) ###-####et. seq., the statute of limitations is 6 years on the collection of a debt.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!