Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Warhol copyright Cossey is April 1980. I did not meet Warhol

Customer Question

Andy Warhol copyright for Linda Cossey is April 1980. I did not meet Andy Warhol until Winter 1980, He did not ask for me to sign a release to allow him to have a claim of ownership to copyright my images! I did not give Andy Warhol his Estate or Foundation any expectation of legal right to my image or the ideas patent US(###) ###-#### ***** in claims 1-23 or sign a legal document granting to ***** any rights of ownership for my image in the photographs. The paintings are exact copies of the photographs printed in silk screen ink. The painting currently being sold or recently sold uses technology of patent(###) ###-#### Ok so the copyright that I filed in 1981 registration verified claimed the art work of Andy Warhol of Linda Cossey is for the sets. Warhol's release I can send. Or call me XXX XXXXX
Thanks for your time and mental activity.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Who took the photograph and was the photograph taken of you in a public place? Who had rights to the photograph itself that was used?