Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

You answered my question about retirement now I have another

Customer Question

you answered my question about retirement now I have another request even though we did not have a formal dependent child custody agreement would she be responsible for child support I have had sole custody and care for the children for the past 2 years
and will for the next 3 years They will not live with their mother.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes, if you had sole custody, she is liable for child support. You would have to file a motion for support in court, but the TN law makes child support mandatory unless you waived your right to support and it was approved by the court. So she is going to be liable to pay support in accordance with the TN Child Support mandatory guidelines. See: http://www.tennessee.gov/humanservices/article/child-support-guidelines-downloads