Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

If I was in a wreck and I wanted to get my pip from my

Customer Question

if I was in a wreck and I wanted to get my pip from my insurance company how do I go about doing that? and do I have to sign the form assignments of benefits? cause they told me I have to go to doctor then pay for medical service them they repay me or if the dr just bill me then they pay dr. I neeed hep..
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

As a general rule, the terms of the policy control with regard to the payment of the medical bills stemming from a personal injury.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Typically, the insured or the insured's medical insurance pays the medical bills and the PIP reimburses the insured.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If the medical insurance coverage has paid the bills then that carrier may be entitled to reimbursement from the funds received from the auto insurance carrier.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.