Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

How can I remove a body attachment and add personal property

Customer Question

How can I remove a body attachment and add personal property lien in Arkansas?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is the circumstances? Do you owe the money?

What happened when you went into court? What did your attorney do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a plaintiff in this case filed in Arkansas. A promissory note was signed by defendant, and a judgment was entered in my favor. The defendant did not appear before the court as ordered and a body attachment was ordered by the civil court. He now wants the body attachment removed and a lien placed on his real property he is now selling so he can pay me through escrow.

Thank you for your reply.

You can remove the lien by filing a Motion of Satisfaction of Judgment and release of lien with the court. However, for the body attachment to be lifted, since that is issued for contempt of court for his failure to appear, he has to appear in court with you and proof of the satisfaction of judgment for the court to release the attachment. However, you need to tell him the body attachment is for contempt of court, so that is up to the judge to decide.