Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Have rented an apartment since 2012 when I received

Customer Question

Have rented an apartment since 2012 when I received Disability after being hospitalized for 1 year. Everything I owned was gone, credit destroyed and they accepted me May 2012. Did not renew my lease at the present apt but wanted to move to a different one in complex. Gave them my deposit for new one last month.
This week they notified me that they did another credit check. Now they would require a month deposit because of credit dated back to 2008-9 which is not anything they did not know of in 2012. This area has grown with the new Cowboy Training Camp here. Once informed via email about the truth last night that this all dates back to the past. I have rebuilt my credit and working which I was not in 2012. They still require the deposit. Their credit reference company informed me last night that the decision is up to the complex management company.
Do I have any legal options? What are my rights as a Great Resident for over 3 years?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Are you currently without a written lease that is still valid and a month to month tenant?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My lease is up October 5, 2015. They did not contact me about renewing. I did and was not going to renew but go to a complex further away from this Frisco city block. That did not work because of my past 2008-9. So gave this complex a deposit and everything was set to move to the new apt October 18 Now they want a month deposit even though I am a resident since 2012. The new apt is only $400 extra a month. But now I have a full time job in sales making good money again. When they accepted in 2012, my credit had been desultory, was on Disability and did not have a job and was on Probation from DWI 2010. What are my options?