ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I have worked since 2001 insurance company. I am 54 and was

Customer Question

I have worked since 2001 for an insurance company. I am 54 and was told today I was being let go. In the time I have been with my company I have received awards for service, been lauded by the CEO for outstanding customer service( I am the only person in the company that has had that honor), I have had clients send in lots of thank yous ets but now I am being told I no longer am producing at a high standard. I was approved for extended training but never sent and I asked for help and in adequate help( for volume) was sent. Do I have a case for action against my company? They do not give severance packages but they are giving me one. I have talked to several people and no one has heard of this not to mention they called to let me know ahead of time when they would be at my home. Usually they just show up , with no notice, and take your equipment/car then leave.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you hve any evidence that you were let go due to your age, race, gender, religion, etc...? Were you part of a union?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

Are you there?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.