Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I was named in a lawsuit by Livingston. He claims I (along

Customer Question

I was named in a lawsuit by ***** *****vingston. He claims I (along with others) he's seeking damages and other relief against false, malicious, and defamatory Facebook postings! All I ever said about him is that he's a despicable human being. I need more time to deal with this since I do not have the money to hire a lawyer. He was disbarred in 2009 for being a gadfly and constantly filing frivolous lawsuits. This just another frivolous lawsuit trying to scare use and throw his weight around. I need more time to answer this suit. I honestly didn't believe this was real! It was all about stuff from Facebook! Please Help me! Lee DeFrancesco. Thank you!
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Lee, you can ask the court for leave to have more time to file your answer. They typically will give another two weeks in order to have an answer filed with the court on a case like this one. You can then file a motion to dismiss this frivolous suit and can even counter sue him for damages or seek sanctions against him based on his suit.

It should be noted in both documents that you have the right to free speech and the right to your own opinion. Your statement is protected free speech and there is case law (actually a Courtney Love - musician) out there that protects the speech as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes going forward!

Did you have any other questions or comments? I just want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!