Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
9200179

How does a US born citizen get a government photo ID with

Customer Question

How does a US born citizen get a government photo ID with only a birth certificate. Their social security card is showing all numbers except 2, but when they went to the SS office they can see on the computer that the number he is giving them (from memory) and showing the card is accurate. However, they will not issue him a new one with out a photo ID. Same situation at the DMV, they only accept Birth Certificate (which he has), but because the SS card is damaged they will not issue an ID.
What can he do?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I would have the person apply for a U.S. Passport. That would be a way to get a government ID with just a birth certificate. Here is a link:

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english.html/

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.