Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

The Clerk of Superior Court Cobb has set NISI hearing to set

Customer Question

The Clerk of Superior Court Cobb has set NISI hearing to set a trial date, when does discover start and when is too late to start discovery.
The orginal case was in Magistrate.
Jack Sullivan ***@******.***
cell (###) ###-####
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

The court should set deadlines for motions, discovery, etc at the NISI hearing. This is normally part of such a hearing so that all parties are aware of the cut offs well ahead of trial.The court should allow at least 60 days to 90 days for discovery and pretrial motions to be filed and heard.The court usually requires discovery to be completed at least 45 days out.Pretrial motions would be scheduled to be completed at least 30 days out. And then finally a trial date agreeable to all.

A decree nisi or rule nisi (from Latin nisi, meaning "unless") is a court order here in your case that does not have any force unless a particular condition is met. Once the condition is met, the ruling becomes a decree absolute (rule absolute), and is binding.So here when mediation failed the order would then having you go back in front of the court to sett the deadlines for discovery and pretrial motions here.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me kn ow if you have mroe follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always sincerely appreciated.