LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

In Cayuga County New York State how do I have if the lease

Customer Question

In Cayuga County New York State how long do I have if the lease wants me out and do a have a financial obligation if I move out before the start of the next month?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Do you rent month to month? If so, did they provide you any notice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only her name is ***** ***** lease but we verbally said we would move intogether.

So you moved in with another women and she signed the lease but now wants you to vacate from the rental?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to save all I can to potentially move out

Thank you for the additional information. If she wants you out, she likely needs to give you at least one month/ 30 days to vacate. She can not just kick you out tomorrow or in a week. Moreover, your obligation to pay rent, would be until the end of the month. As such, if she wanted you out and you pay your rent on the 1st of each month, she likely needs to give you notice now or before the end of the month, advising to vacate at the end of October. However, if you remain during October, you would owe her the rent for that month. Now, if she wants you out, you can agree to move at the end of this month also.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!