Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

In Charlton County, Georgia there are four (4) school but

Customer Question

In Charlton County, Georgia there are four (4) school but they will not put a black Principal in not one of the school, we have one black woman that is qualify but they will not give her the job. They have all white men as principal, no woman no black, what can we do about that, we have had a meeting with them but they will not do nothing about the problem. what can we do?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

You will need to have the black woman that applied and got turned down sue the school for gender and / or race based discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII). This law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

Start with filing a charge of discrimination complaint with the EEOC at the link above.

If this answers your question, please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place.

You may request me in the future on new and unrelated questions by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".

Thank you for using Just Answer.