Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Why would a person refuse to provide s lawyers contact

Customer Question

why would a person refuse to provide his lawyers contact information to the other person ?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You're right that there's no legal reason a person would do this. Instead, it is likely that the person has no lawyer and is just telling you that he does as a bluff to force something on you or to intimidate you. Thus, you likely can tell this person to have his lawyer contact you and you'll arrange turning over the papers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roger ,
Thank you I really appreciate your help! I am spending so much on my lawyer and I want to have him working on the case not playing games with this person. If he refuses to tell my lawyers the information as well, does that help to show his instability as well? I was just curious if his not having a lawyer or refusing to provide his contact will delay things or will it just mean he has to go to court with no lawyer.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

I can't say if his phantom lawyer shows instability or not......it could just be a bluff in hopes to keep you at bay or on your heels. However, the fastest way to determine this is to have your lawyer set a status conference hearing or some other hearing and see if this person or his lawyer shows up......and that should show you what you're dealing with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all your knowledge I appreciate it so much ! have a happy day !
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

No problem and thanks for your question. If you need anything further, please let me know. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!