Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I met this guy who I was dating. He wrote me some bad checks

Customer Question

Hi I met this guy who I was dating. He wrote me some bad checks and also paid my school bill with it I believe. The first check he wrote me I deposited but the next day I withdrew some of the money from my bank. I noticed I had a negative balance on my account and I called to see why and I was told that the check were fraudulent. How do I fix my problem? And do I contact my school and tell them to reimburse the check because it is a bad check. I had no ideal that he gave me bad checks and I want to protect myself. Please help me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am only 24 years old. I am not sure his name is ***** ***** told me it was. I have no ideal on how to handle this.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Are you saying that the guy wrote checks to the school that were bad or that you wrote checks to the school that bounced?

.

Did they tell you that the checks were on a closed account or that they were returned as insufficient funds?

.

Has the bank taken any action other than negatively debiting your account?

.

Do you have the money to make good on the school debt?

.

.

thanks