How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31527
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sold an expensive and sought after hoodie online a few

Customer Question

Hello! So I sold an expensive and sought after hoodie online a few weeks ago. I received 250 dollars and I sent him the hoodie. Upon receiving it, the buyer claimed that it "wasn't in the condition it was supposed to be in" so he wanted to send it back. I agreed that sending it back would be the best option. We worked it out all through Paypal claim service. I sent him the money back and he was supposed to send back my hoodie. Instead of receiving my very expensive hoodie, I receive a very old and disgusting hoodie that wouldn't be worth a thing. He of course filed a claim telling paypal that he had sent MY hoodie and I was trying to scam him. My account was shut down and he got away with my property. Is there any way I can do something about this issue? Thank you in advance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You would have a right to sue this person in small claims court for conversion of your property and for fraud based on these facts.

If you have photos of your hoodie that was mailed and also of the one that you got back, then you should be able to plshow a judge that you didn't receive back what you sent.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, you could initiate investigations with the online vendors involved, but the best recourse is likely small claims court and obtaining a judgment against this person.