CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I received notice from a lady named page saying that she is

Customer Question

I received notice from a lady named Pamela page saying that she is the online coordinator for facebook and that i have won money to the value of $650.000 US and for me to recieve my prize i have to pay a lady named Pamela Edge who in turn will pay fedex the courier service fee of $400 TO $650 US to have my winnings delivered to me in hobart tasmania.Australia. there was another fellow saying he was the fedex dispatch officer named Ben Morgan. Who varified that my package was at fedex awaiting the payment before the prize could be sent.i suspect that this is a scam and would like some advice from you.thankyou
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

You are being scammed. Please do not send any money.

You can report this matter to local law enforcement. While it is not likely that they will be able to actually make an arrest (it is simply too hard to track down most of these fraudsters), if citizens like you don't report it, police officers will never have the chance.

But, you do not need to take any further phone calls from these individuals, and please do not send them any money!!!

(A legitimate sweepstakes will never charge you for anything, or if there is a fee or tax, they would withhold it from your winnings).